Art Director, San Antonio Magazine (11-19-15)
San Antonio Magazine has an immediate opening for a talented Art Director. We’re seeking a design professional with at least 5 years of experience to join the team of this growing, vibrant city magazine. We value team players who are dedicated to creating a superior product every month and working collaboratively in an editorial environment where creative thinking, problem solving and multitasking are essential skills.
- Design and layout of monthly issues of 100-plus page publication
- Preparing files for printer
- Working collaboratively with editors in development of stories from idea phase to production
- Managing part-time photo assistant and design interns
- Cultivating stable of freelance photographers, illustrators and artists
- Making assignments to contributing artists and assisting at photo shoots as needed
- Managing monthly budget
- Overseeing overall look of San Antonio Magazine brand across platforms
- 5 years experience in editorial design
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative software and Macs
- A clean, crisp and modern design aesthetic
- Mastery of typography
- Superior communication skills and a friendly, can-do attitude
- The ability to work independently, while being receptive to feedback
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Consistent attention to detail
- Creativity to conceptualize new approaches to recurring stories
Please send cover letter, resume, and a link to online portfolio and/or three pdf editorial samples to email@example.com.
Account Executive, Austin Monthly (11-6-15)
Austin Monthly magazine and its quarterly sister publication, Austin Home, have an immediate opening for an advertising account executive. This position will report to the Associate Publisher.
- Generate advertising sales for Austin Monthly, Austin Home and multiple digital platforms.
- Assist in selling event sponsorships.
- Qualify best prospects to benefit from magazine audience and advertising services.
- Schedule appointments; determine customer’s needs and challenges; make initial presentation; determine best solutions; prepare contracts; close sales.
- Work with production department to facilitate timely delivery of customer’s advertising materials.
Experience: 2+ years advertising sales and knowledge of real estate market preferred
Knowledge and skills: Microsoft Office, Magazine Manager or other CRM platform
Abilities: Professional and strong skills in presentation, communication, prospecting, closing, planning, persistence, territory management and meeting sales goals.
Education: College degree preferred
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Editor-in-Chief, Milwaukee Magazine (11-5-15)
Milwaukee Magazine, one of the nation’s most respected city and regional magazines, is searching for an editor-in-chief. Known for its award-winning in-depth profiles, investigative features, reader service pieces and top-notch dining and entertainment packages, the magazine is central to Milwaukee’s media landscape. We are located in the Historic Third Ward, mere steps from Lake Michigan, and have a front-row view of the city’s burgeoning downtown while we serve the entire metro Milwaukee area.
• Shape the overarching voice, tone and direction of the magazine’s print editions and its website, MilwaukeeMag.com.
• Set the magazine’s long-term editorial calendar.
• Lead a tight-knit staff of full-time editors, designers and staff photographers.
• Foster a collaborative environment while shepherding publications from conceptualization to completion.
• Work with the art department to ensure a consistent and remarkable design vision.
• In concert with publisher, work with marketing and sales personnel to develop and execute the brand’s business strategy.
• Work with the business executives to create an editorial vision that strengthens an audience aligned with the brand of Milwaukee Magazine.
• Cultivate and expand the magazine’s network of freelance writers.
• Continue developing the magazine’s digital properties.
• Serve as the magazine’s most public face in conversations with the community.
• Be plugged in to all aspects of the city and region, and be aware of the stories our audience not only wants to know, but needs to know.
The ideal candidate must have a track record of generating and executing stories across a variety of platforms, with a specific emphasis on impactful short-form pieces and immersive long-form narrative nonfiction. Other qualifications include:
• A four-year degree in journalism, English, communication or a related field.
• Five-plus years of senior-level magazine editing experience preferred
• Exceptional writer
• Familiarity with all aspects of the magazine publication process.
• Extensive experience working with writers throughout the story development and editing process.
• Demonstrated experience leading and managing a creative team across print and digital platforms.
• Sharp sense of news judgment and sound problem-solving capabilities.
• Adept at mentoring younger staff and advising more experienced staff.
• Able to build sources and networks across a broad spectrum of constituencies.
• Comfortable using computer programs designed for writing, editing, publishing and communication tasks, such as Microsoft Word, Adobe InCopy and InDesign, and Vjoon K-4.
This is a rare opportunity to work with a talented, award-winning staff and help take a local institution to the next level. We are focused on exceptional journalism and storytelling that impacts readers and earns attention on a local, regional and national level.
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k) and profit sharing plans, holidays, vacations and more.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace
Please submit a cover letter and resume, along with no more than three samples of writing and editing work, through the online portal of Quad/Graphics, parent company of Milwaukee Magazine.
Digital Marketing Rep, Today Media (10-14-15)
Today Media publishes four monthly lifestyle magazines including Delaware Today, Main Line Today and more than 10 specialty publications, increasing our reach and impressions in a highly sought after upscale demographic. We also create marketing solutions, develop new business opportunities and host revenue-generating events.
We employ nearly 150 people, covering a 5-state region on the east coast. Our territory includes Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. We have the highest commitment to quality, service and integrity when it comes to our audiences and each other.
Today Media reaches millions of affluent consumers with multi-platform marketing solutions. In print, online and in person, we deliver upscale demographics in key market areas.
We currently have an available opportunity for a DIGITAL MARKETING REP in our Delaware market for Delaware Today.
Join an outstanding sales team and sell an outstanding product!
The DIGITAL MARKETING REP should possess excellent communication skills (both written and oral), strong organizational skills, exceptional follow-through and the ability to manage time effectively. Previous advertising and/or digital advertising sales experience a plus. Must be a self-starter, a team player, and have extraordinary prospecting skills. We offer competitive compensation plans and benefit packages.
The Digital Marketing Rep is responsible for increasing base revenue, developing new accounts and promoting the sale of our digital and online programs.
Email cover letter and resume (including compensation requirements) to jobs@DelawareToday.com. On
For more information on Delaware Today, visit www.DelawareToday.com
Associate Editor, Open Sky Media (9-30-15)
San Antonio Magazine is looking for a skilled associate editor to join the staff of an award-winning city and regional magazine. The associate editor will work closely with the publisher/editor in chief, senior editor, art director and freelance contributors in the planning and execution of content for both print and digital products.
- Editing two magazine departments and occasional features
- Pitching story ideas
- Working with freelance writers through assignments and edits
- Editing copy for style, quality and length
- Writing content for print and web
- Proofreading and assisting with fact checking as needed
- Assisting with website, newsletter and social media management
- Developing relationships with city/industry contacts to stay on the cusp of trends and news
- Attending events as magazine representative
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a creative approach to storytelling
- Exhibit strong editorial judgment
- Produce great story ideas
- Understand various elements of a feature package
- Enjoy working with designers to concept visual approaches to a story
- Be detailed to a fault
- Be well-versed in the lifestyle of San Antonio
- Have strong organization skills
- Meet deadlines while juggling various assignments
- Be calm under pressure
- Have a passion for magazines and a desire to grow as an editor
- Be self-motivated yet collaborative
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or similar
- 2+ years experience; preferably at a magazine
- Familiarity with magazine production process
- Web writing experience
- Highly computer literate; experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Submit cover letter, resume, salary expectations and three or more writing samples to email@example.com
To post a vacancy, send the job notice to CRMA Staff. Postings will be removed after 60 days