Cleveland Magazine (5-2-13)
Cleveland Magazine, an award-winning city and regional magazine of Great Lakes Publishing, seeks an Associate Editor. We’re looking for a versatile editor with experience in editing magazine-style features. The ideal candidate will possess well-honed editing and rewriting skills, be adept at writing engaging headlines and display copy, have an affinity for strong service journalism and short writing, understand creative content packaging for cover and front-of-book stories, be detail-oriented with an affection for AP style and superior copyediting skills.
• Assign and edit stories, manage freelancers and develop content ideas.
• Write stories for Cleveland Magazine
• Prioritize multiple assignments in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Copyedit all editorial pages.
• Rewrite copy and check facts as needed.
• Meet all editorial and production deadlines.
• Attend occasional evening business networking events.
• A degree in communications, journalism or a related field
• 1-3 years experience in newspaper, magazine or trade journalism
• Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
• 4-6 clips that show skill at vivid magazine writing (include at least one short service piece of no more than 300 words and one non-traditional story such as a Q&A or chart)
• Solid grounding in journalism ethics and values
• Must take direction and assert ideas quickly
• Must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to handle a number of projects simultaneously
• Professional experience as a copy or desk-level editor extremely helpful
• Familiarity with business writing and editing
• Social media experience a plus
Send cover letter containing salary requirements along with resume and work samples to: Steve Gleydura, Great Lakes Publishing, 1422 Euclid Ave. Suite 730, Cleveland, OH 44115; or email firstname.lastname@example.org [SUBJECT LINE: Associate Editor, Cleveland Magazine]. No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted.
Digital Media Manager
Cincinnati Magazine (4/1/13)
R eports to: Publisher and Editor
The Digital Media Manager will oversee the maintenance and growth of Cincinnati Magazine’s digital assets and has overall responsibility for maintaining and growing the cincinnatimagazine.com website and all associated digital content and products like eNewsletters, Zinio monthly digital editions, cincinnatimagazineweddings.com or any other digital affiliated partnerships or products. In this role, the Digital Media Manager works together with Editorial, Sales, Marketing and Business staff with a 50/50 balance between editorial content and sales and marketing responsibilities. The Digital Media Manager is charged with delivering excellent internal service to the entire Cincinnati Magazine Staff and externally to our digital audience, as well as our advertising clients, sponsors, and partners.
1. Content contributions: Editorial and Art
· Coordinate, manage and contribute to monthly online editorial content
· Attend weekly editorial meetings and monthly story meetings to collaborate, contribute and manage online content
· Work with the editorial and art staff to create surveys, promotions, user-generated content, etc.
· Generate and manage bloggers and other online content contributors
· Collaborate with Edit and Art staff to extend our content (images, info-graphics and stories) through all our distribution platforms; including monthly print, online, digital and social channels.
· Update Facebook and Twitter channels and/or manage and coordinate Edit staff contribution (following ASME guidelines)
· Educate and train Edit and Art staff to contribute online, ie: blogs, feeds, photos, tools, etc
2. Sales, Marketing and Business:
· Attend weekly sales meeting to develop and present ad sales opportunities in order to generate online revenues
· Work with Sales and Art to maintain and update the digital media kit including cincinnatiusa.com, wedding.com and cm.com
· Work with Sales to develop digital sales proposals including APPs, digital custom, sponsorships and online opportunities.
· Update online advertising inventory utilizing DoubleClick and retrieve traffic data as needed
· Create and manage online sales/sponsorship contests
· Work with Sales to produce recaps of major projects
· Schedule, manage and send eMarketing, eNewsletters and eVites
· Work with Marketing to update RSVP, ticket sales and other promotional areas of our websites
· Participate in weekly or monthly Emmis Publishing DMM conference calls regarding Marketron technology updates etc.
· Manage and develop our social media efforts on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter
· Update the homepage and other elements of the site to boost traffic/keep the site fresh
· Oversee, coordinate and delegate to Art and Edit staff to update the Cincinnati Wedding site
· Provide local technical support for all website/digital initiatives
· Recruit interns to assist you on projects
· Monitor, maintain and grow our Insider databases – work with Marketing Department
· Work with Sales, Edit and Business to streamline tracking and reporting web metrics
Desired Skills & Experience
Essential Skills Required (In order of importance):
· Minimum 2-4 years of experience in digital publishing, websites, social media or a related fieldExcellent interpersonal skills, including strong written and verbal communications
Microsoft Office suite is required; knowledge of Marketron Interactive's Digital Suite or other CMS, Microsoft Dynamics, AdSystem, Photoshop, InDesign and HTML/CSS
Superior analytical skills.
Excellent planning, project management and organizational skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
Experience using a CMS to manage web content: articles, graphics, photos, embedding videos, etc.
Build templates and teasers to optimize the display of content using CMS.
Ability to construct an email campaign from content or assets provided by advertiser, manage email lists and delivery functions
Experience with Doubleclick ad-serving software, Facebook, Twitter, and Google Analytics
Some graphic design experience a plus.
Experience leveraging digital products to drive revenue.
Prior experience creating and deploying digital media campaigns.
Proven track record establishing goals and driving for results.
Experience working with small and large businesses.
Experience presenting media campaigns to clients.
Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing digital media environment.
Desired Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on journalism, fine arts/new media, or other digital field
2-4 years of experience in web, magazine, television, newspaper or digital media.
Application Instructions: http://www.emmis.com/careers/job-board.aspx
If you are a qualified candidate and interested in this position we encourage you to apply. The preferred method to apply is to submit a cover letter, resume and application online within the Careers tab at www.emmis.com
NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS ACCEPTED.
D Magazine (4/25/13)
D Magazine Partners is looking for a seasoned print production director with at least five years of experience in the magazine industry. Management experience required as they will oversee a production manager and a digital imaging specialist.
• Oversees and handles day-to-day production of D Magazine and all D branded products including:
o Pagination of the magazine
o Prep editorial layouts for print
o Preflight all ads
o Coordinate materials for in-house produced ads
o Produce color proofs
o Approve all final pages & upload to printer
o Attend press checks
• Main liaison to the printer and paper broker
• Reviews all manufacturing and distribution invoices
• Coordinates with accounting on monthly budgets
• Reconciles paper inventory and coordinates invoices and orders with paper broker
• Maintains and distributes production schedule to entire company
• Works with art, editorial, sales and marketing departments to stay on deadline
• Organizes printer quotes for special pubs and advertising pieces
• Expert in Adobe InDesign & Acrobat
• Knowledgeable in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Proficient in Excel
• Understanding of the printing industry
• Familiar with postal regulations
• Some knowledge of digital publishing
• Extremely organized and detail-oriented
• Self motivated and deadline driven
• Works well with all levels of the company
To apply for this position, please email your resume and salary requirements to Erin Von Villas at email@example.com. Resumes received without salary requirements will not be considered.
Milwaukee Magazine (3/19/13)
Milwaukee Magazine is hiring a managing editor. Position information is available here.
Advertising Sales Manager
Delaware Today (1-29-13)
Today Media’s award winning regional magazine Delaware Today is conducting a search for an advertising sales manager to lead its team of ad sales professionals. This role requires a strong leader with a minimum of five years of accomplishments in the management of media advertising sales. A candidate must demonstrate the ability to recruit, train, coach and motivate the team on a day-to-day basis. The primary objective of this role is to lead the team to a sustainable high performance in alignment with the requirements of the business. Advertising sales managers within Today Media collaborate with peer managers and others in the company to share best practices and drive improvement. Delaware Today reaches affluent consumers with multi-platform marketing solutions including print, events and digital. Please send cover letter, resume and compensation requirements to jobs@DelawareToday.com.
Director of Audience & Content Development
Minnesota Monthly (1-18-13)
The director of audience & content development is responsible for strategy, development, and delivery of content for Greenspring Media Group across all its channels. This role will direct a team of managing editors, SMEs, writers, and digital content generators who are focused on delivering original multi-platform lifestyle and business-to-business content reflecting expert storytelling and use of interactive tools that inform and inspire readers/users. Reports directly to the publisher of Greenspring Media and closely collaborates with the associate publisher/VP of sales, the executive marketing director, and managing editors to create and define/refine the editorial vision and voice for Greenspring printed and digital products. Defines and refines the ongoing creative development and direction of the editorial product and its various forms (mobile, tablet, website, apps) to ensure the cultivation and growth of GMG’s readership and traffic of GMG’s emerging platforms. Prior leadership roles in multi-platform content generation and audience development required. Must demonstrate strong understanding of the consumer marketplace, including media consumption, consumer market trends and online consumer behavior.
Please send resume to Steve Fox, President
To post a vacancy, send the job notice to CRMA Staff Associate Barton Ortberg (firstname.lastname@example.org).