Call for Entries: 33rd Annual National City & Regional Magazine Awards
Partnering again with the Missourri School of Journalism.
The online entry portal for the 33rd Annual National City & Regional Magazine Awards is now open and submissions are being accepted. Enter the best of your team's work before November 22, 2017.
General Submission Info
1. Entry fee: Members: $75 per entry.
2. Rules: THE CONTEST is open only to regular and affiliate members of CRMA. Member magazines must be published at least quarterly and verify circulation with ABC, BPA, VAC, CVC or an equivalent. Entries must be dated between January 2017 and December 2017. All entries must be submitted by the magazine as an institution rather than by an individual. Awards are presented to the magazine as an institution. Stories or projects undertaken with commercial or corporate sponsors are ineligible for awards. PARTICIPANTS may enter up to three submissions in each category, except for Ancillary Publications, General Excellence, Excellence in Writing and Excellence in Design. EACH SUBMISSION may be entered in only one category, except for articles and spreads included in submissions for Writer of the Year, Excellence in Writing, Designer of the Year and Excellence in Design. Articles submitted under Writing Awards (but NOT Editorial Awards) may also be submitted in Design/Art Awards.
3. Fill out an entry form online for each category: Entries will be submitted as PDFs except for Excellence in Writing (10), Designer of the Year (18), Excellence in Design (19), Special Issue (25), Ancillary Publications (26, 27 and 28) and General Excellence 1, 2 and 3 (33, 34, 35). In those cases, contestants will send copies of the issues to be judged to the CRMA Awards address below. Upload digital files as spreads (not single pages), and reduce file size.
4. General Excellence entries should include: Six identical sets of three issues, two of which must be consecutive. Six copies of the magazine’s mission statement and explanation of why the magazine deserves to win. Six copies of the entry form. One copy of circulation verification.
5. Optional critique for General Excellence entries: For an additional fee of $50, judges in the General Excellence categories will offer one-page critiques of your magazine. This private document will be sent to you following the annual meeting. The critiques will include observations about the writing, reporting, design, packaging and, in general, how your magazine compares to other entries in your circulation group. You can choose this additional service on the payment form when you pay with credit card.
6. Submit four copies of a single issue for: Excellence in Writing (10), Designer of the Year (18), Excellence in Design (19), Special Issue (25) and Ancillary Publications (26, 27, 28). In the case of Designer of the Year, submit the issues that pertain to the four to six articles being judged.
7. Subject of legal action: Contest participants should notify the contest coordinator if any submission is or becomes the subject of legal action.
8. Deadline: Submissions must be postmarked by November 22, 2017. Entries will not be returned. Send entries and checks (for magazines that choose that option) to:
MISSOURI SCHOOL OF JOURNALISM
320 Lee Hills Hall
Columbia, MO 65211